Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Congratulations to Meredith and Jody!

This past weekend Kevin and I left Aidan with my mom and dad who each spent a night with their precious grandson while we flew to New Jersey to attend the wedding of our dear friends Meredith and Jody who tied the knot on Saturday 9/19. Kevin picked me up at work at noon on Friday and we had no problems with our flights at all. We left a rainy, gray day in Atlanta and landed to beautiful sunny skies in New Jersey. Friday night we spent the night at our friend's Andrea & Clint's house with another couple, Dan & Mads, who we are also very close with. We had a blast sitting outside with the chiminea fire roaring as the night got cooler and the crisp fall air rolled in. We drank delicious wine, ate yummy Italian food and shared many, many laughs. The best part was we got to sleep in, with no baby interruptions! It was a kid free weekend for us all and we were letting loose!

Saturday was the Wedding, so we drove down to Long Beach Island, New Jersey for the ceremony. Meredith, who was a bridesmaid in my wedding, is a good friend and I could not be happier for her to marry Jody. She looked absolutely gorgeous on her big day! The ceremony was performed by Meredith's grandfather who was totally hysterical and such a sweet man.It was a full Catholic Mass and very emotional.

Look at how happy Jody is! I love it.
The reception was seriously the most luxurious and perfect one I have ever attended. The Mallard Island Yacht Club where it was held, is a picturesque estate located on Barnegat Bay and it is stunningly beautiful. I had no idea what to expect and as we pulled up in the shuttle I felt like we were in Maine or Charleston, SC.
Every detail of the reception was painstakingly perfect and we were so impressed by the care and thought that went into their big day! We had so much fun hanging out with all of our old friends and partying into the wee hours. Unfortunately, we just can't hang out as late as we once could. I'm embarrassed to say I only made it about 30 minutes into the after party. Old age=exhaustion I guess!

The food was insane. Of course I take a picture of the dessert. Of course!
Meredith's dress was so lovely, it was perfect for her!
Hanging out with the girls was so much fun
and my sweetheart looked dapper!
my friend Mads and I capture the cheesy sunset pic!
the wedding band was so good!
The boys and Meredith during cocktail hour

the boys posing
Checking out the water viewsHanging out in the gardens
The beautiful couple. Congratulations Meredith & Jody, we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and enjoy Hawaii!



No comments: