Thursday, June 25, 2009

Aidan's day care picnic

Aidan's daycare had their annual Summer family picnic today and we had a blast. I had one day of paid time off to take before I leave my job permanently on July 17 and they told me I could take the day off or they would just pay me for half a day. Umm, I'll take the day thanks! No brainer.

So the rain held out and it was a beautiful, hot, day here in Vermont, perfect for the picnic. A local musician who calls himself "Peter the Music Man" provided the entertainment for the kids and the daycare brought everybody outside for food and fun. Many families also joined in on the picnic, but Kevin would like me to point out that there were only TWO dads there and he was the better looking one. Ha! Seriously though, it was nice to hang out with Aidan's teachers who we will miss dearly. He has had a wonderful experience at this school and I know he will miss his friends and teachers as well. Check out the photos and enjoy. Summer is here, whoo hoo!

Aidan was a little overwhelmed at first. He sat and ate his graham cracker, watching in awe as the music man played
He loved the watermelon! He has eaten it before but in tiny pieces never like this.
Family picture

After lunch we had to change outfits since he was covered in watermelon. Here he wanted to go on the slide
Weee!

Checking out the tee pee with me
He absolutely loved sitting at this "big boy" picnic table and banging his heart out

No comments: