Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Vacation!

We recently had a lovely family vacation to St. George Island in Florida. Not only did we take a family vacation, but I took a nice vacation from the computer and the internet and both were glorious! We started our adventure in Jacksonville, Florida. Since it was considerably cheaper to fly into this airport, we made a weekend out of it before we met my father at the beach and Kevin planned a delicious Mother's day brunch. My first Mother's day celebration was wonderful because our hotel was a mile away from the largest outdoor mall in Florida. This may not mean much to some people, but after living in Vermont for the last 4 years, a state with such a poor selection of shopping that we don't even have a Target or a real mall, the afternoon spent BY MYSELF strolling around acres and acres of shops was by far the best present I have gotten in years. WHAT did I buy you ask? Well nothing for myself. I tried, but I ended up just getting loads of clothes for Aidan. It is really hard not to buy things for Aidan because there are so many adorable clothes out there and he of course looks cute beyond belief in everything and he is growing like a weed so he actually does need clothes... I'm trying to justify my purchases here, work with me people. Kevin treated me to a sun hat and beach bag for our impending date with the ocean, and we enjoyed a tasty meal at one of Jacksonville's quaint eateries. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked Jacksonville and if it weren't for the stifling heat, 95 degrees in early May, I could live there!

Mother's day brunch...
My little muffin coming to give Mommy a hug on Mother's day. He is such a snuggler!


I took over 200 photos, way too many to post here. I am still trying to figure out how to create an album and upload that for viewing, so if anybody knows please tell me! In the meantime, enjoy a few of my favorite photos.

A family portrait on the beach
Our rental house
Aidan and Grand Eddie got to spend lots of quality time together
Aidan just loved wearing Grand Eddie's glasses
Isn't he the cutest thing you have ever seen?
All the sea air knocked him out. He's always been a great sleeper but he took some extra long naps at the beach
Payton was teething
and so was Aidan
Chillin'
Aidan LOVED the beach! but notice the tarp he is sitting on...he was not a huge fan of the sand on his skin. He loved the water and would sit in the waves and splash around all day but he didn't loved the sand.

Speaking of splashing, Archer brought a baby pool that we set up on the deck for the babies. Aidan was a huge fan.Splashing!
Post splash with water in his eyes. Hilarious!
I loved having a whole week with my baby boy. We had so much fun!
Here Aidan is discovering his bucket. At first he thought it was a huge cup and tried to drink out of it. I had him naked for a while but after he pee'd on me three times I put some swimmies on him.


My boys!

No comments: